OK, I am going to ask again one last time before making the leap to a smaller instance
Is there a #sanfrancisco focused instance? It would be cool if it were closed/invite only, pro-lgbtq, poc-led/run, veg/vegan positive, foss supporting or any combination of those
Instances run by women:
@ me with ones I missed! ❤️
News organizations and journalists shouldn't be seeking "verified" account status on silo services, but should be embracing the #fediverse with their own managed instances.
Attention Mastodon server owners: Security patch release v2.4.4 is out. It's a quick upgrade.
If you are deploying Mastodon from the master branch, update to at least commit 802cf6a.
But do is with hundreds of cyclists and shut that freeway down!
HOW TO EXECUTE A MERGE ONTO THE FREEWAY:
Step 1. Drive your car onto the on-ramp.
Step 2. Look for gaps in traffic.
Step 3. Take your time finding a gap.
Step 4. Don’t speed up or slow down to line up with a gap. Leave it up to fate.
Step 5. If done correctly, you’ll end up adjacent to another car. Wait patiently until the very last second and then slam on your brakes.
Step 6. Give yourself a bonus for not using your turn-signal.
mastodon privacy Show more
since this is coming up again, i feel it's important to stress the following facts about privacy on mastodon:
- DMs are stored in plaintext in the database
- yes, this means admins can access them
- it also means they will be accessible if your instance DB is leaked
- however: this is the same as the situation on any other mainstream social media site
- at the end of the day you should make sure you trust your admins
- ultimately: don't use mastodon for privacy-critical messages